Attending Sessions/Classes via Zoom
What is Zoom?
Zoom is a video conferencing service that allows people to have face-to-face meetings/classes online. It is free for you to use and easy to access.
What device should I use to attend my session/class?
You can attend your session/class via Zoom using a smartphone, tablet, or computer that has camera and microphone. Most smartphones, tablets, and computers have a built-in microphone and camera. Some desktop computers do not include a microphone or camera.
If you do not have Zoom installed on your device:
Before the day of your session/class, click on the link below to download the free Zoom software and check your audio connection. Make sure to do this from the device you plan to use for your session/class. This will help ensure things run smoothly at the time of your session/class.
- Click on the following link: https://zoom.us/download.
- Download “Zoom Client for Meetings”.
- If the option pops up, choose to test your audio and camera.
- Zoom is a free service for you. There is no need to enter any payment information with Zoom. If you are asked for payment information, simply skip that step.
On the day of your session/class:
Click on the meeting/session link, provided in the confirmation email you received when you booked your session/class. The meeting/session window will automatically open.
- When prompted, allow Zoom to access the camera and audio on your device, and choose the “Join with Video” option.
- Aim to sign on 5-10 minutes before the start of your session. This will ensure that we are ready to start punctually.
- For group classes, you may be muted upon entry to avoid distracting background noise that can be unintentionally picked up by your device microphone and may be disruptive for other participants.
What if I misplaced link for my session/class?
If you misplace the link for your session/class, email us at email@example.com and we will resend your session/class link.
For more information about joining a session/meeting via Zoom: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362193-How-Do-I-Join-A-Meeting.